Groundworker Apprenticeships at Galldris
Qualifications and Experience required:
None – Galldris and a training provider will offer the candidate the training required and the qualification of a CSCS card.
Training will last 18 months. Apprentices are expected to attend all teaching sessions and complete work in their own time. Teaching sessions will be both in the classroom and on site completing practical tasks.
The end-point assessment (EPA) will assess how an apprentice can apply their skills, knowledge and behaviours acquired in their apprenticeship, through the following three assessments carried out after the gateway point of the apprenticeship:
- Knowledge test – this test will consist of multiple-choice questions on a computer-based platform or paper-based.
- Skills test – this test will consist of practical activities to assess the apprentice’s knowledge, skills and behaviours
- Professional Discussion – assessed by an Independent Assessor, this discussion will consist of questions that clarify and probe the apprentice’s knowledge, skills and behaviours based on the portfolio of evidence developed by the apprentice.
Commitment from the Employer and Staff:
During the Apprenticeship programme, 20% of the contracted working hours will be spent on learning and developing the required Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours. This development time will include learning new relevant tasks within their role, embedding the knowledge within their role, practical workplace training, spending development time with their Line Manager, attending online and face-to-face courses and time writing assignments/assessments including directed self-study hours: Evidencing the application knowledge within their working day, Independent study and research, Shadowing colleagues and mentoring, Technical training.
Level 2 Groundworker Apprenticeship Standard & Functional Skills English and Maths Level 1 and/or 2 if applicable.
Description of the role:
An excellent role on offer for a Groundworker looking to join a leading construction company. You will work with experienced tradesmen of a wide range of disciplines, as well as being supported by your Site Manager and the Site team.
The role will require digging the ground, excavating, and concreting the foundations, and building the foundations. For full tasks please see Key Responsibilities below.
- Mixing and pouring concrete to construct foundations, beams and slabs.
- Assisting the setting out engineer for the site.
- Erecting barriers, fences and safety signs.
- Assisting an experienced pipelayer in laying underground drainage pipes, constructing manholes, draw chambers and laying underground ducting.
- Assisting an experienced paver in laying kerbs, slabs, and block paving.
- Hand excavation of shallow trenches or hand trimming of trenches previously excavated by a machine.
- Assisting a carpenter in erecting and dismantling Shuttering/formwork
Accounts Apprenticeship – Level 3&4
The Galldris Group is a leading construction company based in Enfield. Our people are highly qualified and with a vast range of experience. Galldris people represent an unbeatable pool of industry expertise. We recognise the value of skills and training and invest in our staff to develop their capabilities.
This is an exciting opportunity within the busy Finance Department of Galldris. This is a full-time position, reporting to the Financial Controller and based at our Head Office.
Training will consist of 80% with the employer in the office, 20% off the job training with a local college. Apprentices are expected to attend all teaching sessions and complete assignments during the 20% off the job period.
Should you feel you have the necessary skills/experience/qualifications for this role, we would love to hear from you. To apply, please send your CV, with a cover letter to our HR department via the following email address: email@example.com or click on the link to Apprenticeship Application Form.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- Competitive salary
- 40 Hour week
- 25 days holiday
- Monday – Friday (8:00 am – 5.00 pm)
- Pension Life Assurance
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Commitment to undertake an Apprenticeship Programme
- Self-disciplined with an ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- The ability to prioritise and drive tasks to completion
- Good computer skills
- 5 GCSEs at grade 4 or above, including English and Maths or Functional Skills at Level 2 in English and Maths
- Previous experience within an accounts department
- Previous qualifications relevant to post