An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Health & Safety Advisor to work with our organisation, reporting to the HSQE Director, you will be responsible for overseeing and implementing the Company Health, Safety and Environmental Management systems across site(s). You will also be involved in implementing and monitoring strategies that will promote development in the safety management system.
Salary: Competitive, dependent on skills and experience
Duties: (including, but not limited to the following)
- Proactively lead and manage the Company’s HSE Management policies, procedures and practices.
- Advising contract and site staff on risk assessments, method statements, task specific briefings, Site Health & Safety Plans and safety issues generally.
- Representing the company at safety meetings with clients and sub-contractors.
- Accident Investigation and reports – including development of action plans to ensure incidents are not repeated.
- Co-ordination of safety measures with those other contractors, sub-contractors, clients, and safety representatives on the same project.
- Communication of safety initiatives/notices/alerts to staff and workforce.
- Train and develop staff, improving their understanding and capabilities towards Health & Safety.
- Devise strategies to meet targets and to encourage best practice ensuring compliance with HSE legislation.
- Compliance with Company H&S Procedures.
Key skills required:
- Knowledge and understanding of statutory Health, Safety and Environmental Regulations
- Knowledge and understanding of Client Health Safety and Environmental requirements
- Good understanding of CDM 2015 – Roles and Responsibilities.
- NEBOSH Qualification (general & construction) or equivalent
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starter & highly motivated individual that can work on their own initiative to tight timeframes as well as part of a team.
Should you feel you have what it takes to be successful in this role then we would love to hear from you.
To apply, please send your CV, mentioning the job that you are applying for in the Subject of the email to our HR department via the following email address email@example.com
Please note: We are not using recruitment agencies for this role.