An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Quantity Surveyor to work within our organisation, reporting to the Commercial Director, you will be responsible for the financial delivery of the Contract, including the control of cost and cash and ensuring it is procured and delivered within budget.
Salary: Competitive, dependent on skills and experience
Duties: (including, but not limited to the following)
- Achieve or exceed budgeted targets by looking for V/E opportunities, alternative methods of completing the works and buying gains from S/C Procurement.
- Ensure external valuations are submitted in accordance with the conditions of the main contract and that payments are received by the due date, taking full responsibility for the contracts cash position.
- Complete monthly CVR reports, ensuring they accurately reflect the current position on site and the final profit projection.
- Procure supply chain orders in a timely manner that accurately reflect the scope works and administer same, accurately valuing, certifying and issuing relevant payment notices.
- Accurately re-measure works in accordance with the method of measurement and in a timely manner, whilst maximising our entitlement.
- Compliance with Company H&S Procedures.
Key skills required:
- Degree in quantity surveying/commercial management or equivalent.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills
- Excellent IT and maths skills
- Good financial management skills
- Good knowledge of construction methods and materials
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starter & highly motivated individual that can work on their own initiative to tight timeframes as well as part of a team.
Should you feel you have what it takes to be successful in this role then we would love to hear from you.
To apply, please send your CV, mentioning the job that you are applying for in the Subject of the email to our HR department via the following email address email@example.com
Please note: We are not using recruitment agencies for this role.