An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Estimator to work with our organisation, to ensure tenders are submitted in accordance with client requirements in terms of content, format and timescales and produce accurate, competitive, error free, thorough, well researched tenders in a standard format, whilst maintaining estimating files and records as required complying with Governance and Audit requirements.
Salary: Competitive, dependent on skills and experience
Duties: (including, but not limited to the following)
- Ensure the Tender is logged into the system, has a Tender Number and has been processed by the Estimating Administrator.
- Read the Tender Documents to fully understand the tender requirements
- Dissemination of tender documentation to commercial, operational, procurement, finance, insurance and legal functions as required
- Attending client tender briefings, site visits and interviews.
- Raising formal tender queries, disseminating client responses to tender queries and disseminating client revisions to tender documents
- Liaise with Estimating Administrator to ensure estimating files are produced and maintained with new information,
- Prepare and manage subcontract and supplier enquiries as required to support the submission of tenders and undertake analysis.
- Where required, undertake measurement and quantification of tender drawings and produce a Bill of Quantities in recognised method of measurement appropriate to the work type being tendered. OR where take-off is being undertaken externally then liaise with relevant parties to ensure this is done in a timely manner.
Key skills required:
- Experience in a similar role
- Understanding of Risk & Opportunity analysis
- Good financial acumen with an ability to analyse complex data and documentation accurately
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to deal with clients & internal staff
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Meticulous, organised, proactive with a positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Constantly striving to improve and exceed expectations ensuring safety and quality are never compromised.
Should you feel you have what it takes to be successful in this role then we would love to hear from you.
To apply, please send your CV, mentioning the job that you are applying for in the Subject of the email to our HR department via the following email address email@example.com
Please note: We are not using recruitment agencies for this role.