An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our team in North London. The successful candidate will be responsible for administering the Building Contract in a professional and timely manner and the financial delivery of the Contract, including the control of cost and cash, and ensuring it is procured and delivered within budget. Management and leadership of trainees.
Salary: Competitive, dependent on skills and experience
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Achieve or exceed budgeted targets by looking for V/E opportunities, alternative methods of completing the works, and buying gains from S/C Procurement
- Ensure external valuations are submitted in accordance with the conditions of the main contract and that payments are received by the due date, taking full responsibility for the contract’s cash position
- Complete monthly CVR reports, ensuring they accurately reflect current position on-site and final profit projection
- Administer the main contract (and subcontract) conditions and identify and prepare timely contractual notices for all events
- Price and agree on all contract variations, in a timely manner whilst maximising our entitlement
- Understand bid and demonstrate good working knowledge of contract at the Preconstruction Stage
- Procure supply chain orders in a timely manner that accurately reflects the scope works and administer same, accurately valuing, certifying, and issuing relevant payment notices
- Accurately re-measure works in accordance with the method of measurement and in a timely manner, whilst maximising our entitlement
- Achieve timely final account agreement on client and supply chain accounts, whilst maintaining strong working relationships
- Lead and manage trainee/junior surveyors
- Undertaking other duties as reasonably required from time to time by the line manager
- Comply with Company procedures
Experience and qualifications required:
- An experienced, skilled, qualified, and knowledgeable Quantity Surveyor with a proven ability to deliver a wide range of technically challenging projects to meet and exceed client expectations
- Experience in successfully implementing plans/projects on time and within budget
- Ability to effectively plan and manage budgets and resources
- Evidence of high levels of customer service and satisfaction
- Experience in successfully managing performance and providing constructive feedback.
- A thorough working knowledge of current building legislation.
- Demonstrates a good understanding of the political structure and role of elected members.
- Ability to work collaboratively both with own service and across other services
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or similar technical qualification (HND HNC)
- Working towards professional qualification status (MCIOB/MRICS) (desirable)
Should you feel you have what it takes to be successful in this role then we would love to hear from you.
To apply, please send your CV, mentioning the job that you are applying for in the Subject of the email to our HR department via the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: We are not using recruitment agencies for this role.